What is shangri-la sober living and what are we about?
Shangri-La Sober Living is passionate about guiding people through the challenges of early recovery. We provide a structured living arrangement that allows our guests the freedom to attend work or school on their schedules. We also provide the accountability and support necessary to ensure success in early recovery. Shangri-La’s residence is outfitted with the amenities and comforts of home while removing the distractions to recovery that can trigger relapse.
Shangri-La Sober Living is owned and operated by Henry Zola Spiegel, who has been in recovery himself since December 29, 1975. As an entrepreneur and admitted computer whiz, Henry has owned computer sales and repair businesses, done retail sales of health care nutraceuticals, and bred show-worthy white pit bulls throughout his career. As an individual in recovery, Henry (Buddhist name Karma Trinlay Norbu) brings the principles and practices of Buddhism to Shangri-La Sober Living to help others with peace and healing in their recovery.
Shangri-La Sober Living Provides:
- A safe and structured residence for those in early recovery.
- A community of others who are ready to learn and grow in recovery.
- Accountability and support for those who are not ready to live on their own.
- Acceptance and affirmation of all lifestyles, genders, preferences, religions, and races.
- A location that allows easy access to 12-step meetings, support groups, school and career opportunities, shopping, recreational activities, and more.
- Additional resources and guidance for those who may need more support in early recovery.
Shangri-La Sober Living Expects:
- Individuals who are committed to living a life free of mind-altering substances.
- Full participation in an active recovery program including meeting attendance, sponsorship, and medical/therapy appointments.
- Honesty, integrity, and respect for others.
- A willingness to follow Shangri-La’s guidelines, including mandatory meetings, random drug tests, and house rules.
- Financial accountability and on-time payments for living arrangements.
- Personal cleanliness and participation in household chores.
- Full-time employment, looking for employment, attending school, or a combination of both.
- Harmony in all interactions at the residence and the community within.
We’re excited to start this journey with you! Call us today!
What is it like to live at Shangri-La Sober Living?
At Shangri-La, we believe that its important to support the whole person, mind, body, and spirit. That’s why we’ve created a beautiful, peaceful, and stable home…one that will support our guests as a whole person. Life isn’t just about work, its also about play, relaxation, and rejuvenation. Shangri-La isn’t just a roof under which to sleep, its a home in the truest sense with every comfort necessary for daily replenishment.
Learn About Recovery
As someone new to recovery, there is a lot to learn to achieve the health and happiness that brings a fulfilling life. Get started here by reading articles of information that will help kick start successful, long-term recovery.